Friday at last! This week actually flew by for me.
Last night I had a photoshoot and didn't get to bed till after 1am! Tireddddd...but the shoot came out really well. I did a look on the model that I loved. I used blacktrack fluidline to contour her eyes and came out with a really Mod inspired look. I'm excited to get that one in my portfolio. I couldn't believe that the model was only 16! I guess I thought she was older because she was so tall. But I will say, her skin took to makeup nicely...no bags or dark circles that I needed to worry about covering up. Sighh...I miss those days, lol. I'll post pics soon!
This weekend I'll be busy again...Friday through Sunday I'll be shadowing a seasoned makeup artist and learning her trade. I'll keep you updated!
In the meanwhile, here's an email that my bf sent me with some really great advice to get you in the right state of mind for the weekend:
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today. I am thankful for_________ _____'
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD heals everything.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
'The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.'