If you follow me on Instagram, you know i've been posting tons of pictures of Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) new Fall 2013 collection - Moderncraft. It was actually inspired by the 1920s art scene in Berlin...how cool is that? Get ready for some gorgeousness ahead!
I attempted to rub out a few of the swatches so that you can see the more sheer and metallic finishes.
- Mein Herr is a Stained Gloss is a nude shade. I love that it's a bit sheer so it can work on a nude on everyone. I build it up in 2-3 layers and use it with a lip liner to get a more opaque look.
- Sebastian is a taupey gray lip tar. I find that 1-2 layers give a super chic, runway nude look. This would look amazing paired with a burgundy eye for an editorial look.
- Anita is a brow based burgundy lip tar. I love this vampy shade for the fall. You don't see a lot of cool toned wine shades and I love that this has more brown as opposed to violet undertones.
- Dekadent is a Stained Gloss with a purple berry tint. It gives that perfect watermelon bitten lip and goes great with more dramatic eyes.
- Role Play is a true red lip tar with a metallic finish. I'm saving this for all of my holiday parties. The extra shimmer gives it something special.
- Black Metal Dahlia is a metallic finish on their popular Black Dahlia shade. This is a gorgeous vino tone that makes the ultimate fall vampy lip color.
I also received a few OCC nail polishes which coordinate nicely to the collection. My nails will be nice and dressed this Fall!
My set came with a nifty OCC lip liner blush which is totally necesary with lip tars. It gives you the ability to literally paint on this pigmented product. With a lip brush, you can even get away without a liner because you can paint on a clean edge.
Each lip tar retails for $18 at Sephora or www.Sephora.com. This product will last you forever - you only need a teeny tiny bit to cover your entire lips. This is great for bold lip wearers and makeup artists alike. I definitely recommend it, it even made my August Favorites!