Hmmm I really had to think hard about this one. The reason I say this is because a lot of my beauty shopping lately comes only after I’ve read reviews from my fellow bloggers. I don’t try as many random products as I used to. But after a few minutes…I do have a couple that I was able to pull out. hopefully you’ll learn from my mistakes, feel free to share yours as well!
1) Victoria’s Secret Eyeshadows. They look so pretty in their nice pink packaging but don’t be deceived, they are so sheer and have no color payoff. I’m referring to the regular powder shadows, not the creams, because those are supposed to be a little better.
2) Covergirl black liquid liner. I’m not sure what the exact kind was, but it was in black packaging. However, when I tried it on, the color looks green! Kind of like when you wear something that is black and faded and it has that green tinge? Not to mention that the liner was extremely watery and faded after about 1 hour!
3) ELF lipsticks in the pan…I tried even the darkest brown color and it was so sheer that my boyfriend couldn’t even tell that I was wearing lipstick. Ohhhh and the pencil eyeliners…after less than the hour it had already smudged and disappeared into my skin…what a waste of product…
4) Jojoba hair oil from Sallys Beauty Supply…again…sorry but I can’t remember the name…but I put this in my hair so it could be soft and silky…instead…I ended up with a rat’s nest! I couldn’t even run my hand through an inch of it…I had to brush it out and lost a lot of hair in the process.
5) Imitation bio-silk products: so Bio-Silk is the bomb, we all know that right? One lil dime size drop and your hair is transformed. It’s also really expensive…like $11 for the smallest bottle. Sometimes I just can’t find it…whether I’m at wal-mart or target…so like many, I’ve seen the $3 version and decided, what the hey! Big mistake…the oil is more like liquid glue…it’s so sticky and does not smooth down the frizzies and adds no shine. It’s more like clear craft glue in your hair…stay away!
6) The old Bare Essentials starter kit…this was back when they were the only mineral makeup company in our faces. I got the product, and I think it was really overrated and overpriced. Not to mention that the old brushes, especially the kabuki and powder brush from the starter kit are so rough on the face! I could find better quality brushes for a third of the price!
The five people I’m tagging are: