A friend of mine told me of this great opportunity for those of you in the NYC area. It's great as a part time internship for you beauty lovers out there.
Contact: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Mid-town Manhattan, NYC
- work better in a small company?
- have passion for marketing luxury cosmetics?
- have creativity, a get-it-done spirit, and a professional work ethic?
- have a personality people like being around?
If you've said yes to the above, there's a great opportunity for an internship with Sue Devitt Beauty, a cosmetics and skincare line sold in specialty distribution founded by makeup artist Sue Devitt. This small, growing company is looking for support to its Marketing & Sales Development team. You'll be reporting to a senior manager and team coordinators to assist on marketing plans for new launch items and promotions programs. The ideal candidate is a college junior/senior seeking work study or part-time professional experience 2 – 3 days per week.
1. Assist in compiling competitive marketing analysis and trend research.
2. Assist with sales due diligence and reporting.
3. Assist in generating a variety of written materials, including internal/field sales newsletters, product fact sheets, training manuals, invitations and other pieces as assigned.
4. Assist in trafficking/archiving creative, including, packaging, collateral, national and co-op advertising.
5.Assist in coordinating presentation preparations including visuals, room display, handouts, and gratis for account meetings and regional meetings.
6. Provide administrative support as needed in the following areas:
• Answer phones, receive deliveries
• Prepare mailings/pack ship/goodie bags
• Generate sales invoices
Prior internship and office/professional etiquette.
Attention to detail, ability to balance/prioritize/accomplish multiple tasks at once from various supervisors.
Maximize in office time.
• Education – Enrolled in accredited college working towards degree
• Communication – Solid verbal, writing, editing and interpersonal skills
• Skills – Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Culture – Flexibility with constant change, positive attitude, self starter
• Additional – Familiarity with Mac and creative software including Photoshop and Illustrator a plus, but not required