I'm back with another Halloween Makeup Tutorial! Last week I did a sexy, cute look - Nicki Minaj. This week, I'm going a bit more gory and scary featuring a broken bone wound. This is a great makeup technique for a zombie, or any kind of scary costume. I love this tutorial because the outcome is super professional looking but it's actually really easy to do!
Click here for more!
Check out the video!
Here's What You Need to Create the Look:
Most items are listed in my Halloween Haul video:
- Broken Bone Appliance (Woochie)
- Spirit Gum (Graftobian Spirit Gum Matte)
- Liquid Latex (Graftobian Liquid Latex)
- White Pencil (Graftobian Theatrical Pencil)
- Fake Blood (Graftobian Blood Gel, Blood Paste, and Stage Blood)
- Eyeshadow or Cream Shadows in wound colors - black, yellow, purple, green (Graftobian Rubber Grease Paint and Sedona Lace 168 Palette)
- Cream foundation in your skin tone (Graftobian HD Glamour Cream Foundation)
- Synthetic makeup brushes (cheap brushes from the craft store)
- Loose powder (optional) to powder done liquid latex so it's not sticky (Graftobian Colorless Translucent Powder)
- Setting spray (optional) so that the makeup lasts (Graftobian Theatrical Makeup Setting Spray)
Here's how to do it!
- Decide where you want to place the wound. Make sure that area is clean and dry. I outline where exactly I want to place the appliance.
- Apply spirit gum to appliance and to skin. Tap a few times to get sticky and lay appliance flat on skin, careful to make sure thin edges are smooth.
- Apply two to three sheer layers of liquid latex to blend in the edges of the appliance and your skin. Make sure the layers are completely dry in between reapplication - feel free to use a blowdryer to help speed up the process.
- Blend the appliance to your skin color with cream foundation.
- Apply the look of bruising to further blend in the edges.
- Apply fake blood and more bruising and voila you're done!
The Final Look!
You can find all of these products at www.graftobian.com
FTC Disclosure: Products sponsored for tutorial. I am not affiliated with this company and not paid to make this post. These are my honest thoughts and opinions.