I'm back with another post! A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of speaking on a Beauty Blogger Panel here in Atlanta. It was a really awesome event. I learned a whole lot about blogging and met some amazing people. Of course I wanted to share pictures and tips I learned at the event.
Stay tuned for more!
The panel consisted of Bloggers and one WordPress/SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Specialist. It was an intimate setting at the Beignet Connection in Atlanta with about 20-25 people in attendance. We ate brunch, held the panel, and networked after. Fortunately the BF came along and snapped some great pictures of the event.
Here's a shot of the Fabulous Panel: Our Host Mimi J, Latoicha from Luxe Tips, SEO Specialist Bret of WebDevils, Mattie from Mattieologie, and Mae from Natural Chica.
Here I am sharing some wisdom with the group. We all gave tips on how to make your blog better, increase views, and overall how to make blogging a better experience.
Shots of the attendees...many were beauty bloggers, hair bloggers, Makeup Artists and Hair Stylists.
We were seated at tables so everyone had the opportunity to meet and network. I even ran into some former clients and lots of YouTube/Blog Subscribers.
I look super serious in this picture, lol.
Afterwards, we had a chance to mingle with all the attendees.
Here are a few pics with some subbies!
This event was an awesome experience. I gained two new blogger friends whom I actually ran into again and hung out with at the Sam Fine Event last week. Fun times!During the event I was tweeting some tips I learned throughout the panel. It was funny because not only was the audience tweeting, but all of the panelists were too, lol. Since we're all up in the Social Media World, it was cool to do! LOL
Here is a recap of my Tweets from the Event, hopefully you find them helpful!
- If you're going to put yourself out there as a makeup artist, but you find yourself shy in networking events, at least attend the events, meet the coordinator, and get their card follow up w/ them
- Register your website through www.creativecommons.org to protect your blog content
- Wordpress can import from any of major blog servers...blogger, note pad, etc
- Invest in quality equipment to blog and vlog, as your blog grows, your readers expect more, higher quality
- Name your blog pictures to link back to your blog name to increase your ranking
- Start a highly targeted email list, merge your off and online marketing
- Wordpress is highly customizable and a lot more robust and offers more growth than blogger
- Quick tip one keyword phrase per page...to optimize your blogranking
Till next time, Ciao Bellas!
Atlanta Makeup Artist