I'm back with another video! I made a bunch in December and I want to get them up so I can start getting some 2012 videos under way with my new red hair! (more on that later he he). This is actually a video I filmed when I went to Puerto Rico last month for a mini vacay. I finally got the opportunity to film my makeup packing process for an actual trip and I hope some of my OCDness helps you guys!
Check out the video!
Check out my video highlights:I realize that i'm a bit of a makeup junkie, not really your average makeup user, lol. However, I tried to pick items for my travel bag that were practical, condensed and dual purpose. I'm an OCD packer who makes spreadsheets for every trip! I hate over or underpacking.
- 1:40 Hold Me Bag - My Makeup and Brush Bag that holds everything
- 4:32 Daytime Foundation - Pur Minerals Pressed Mineral Makeup in Medium Dark
- 5:02 Nighttime Foundation - Graftobian Glamour Cream Foundation in Desert Sand
- 5:29 Setting Powders in Stackable Jar - Cover FX Translucent Powder for Foundation and Ben Nye Banana Powder to set undereye concealer
- 5:55 Concealers - Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer in Medium for undereye circles, Jemma Kidd Duo Concealer in Medium for highlight and regular coverage
- 6:25 Contour/Bronzer - MAC Blunt Blush (remember to put a folded up tissue in your compacts to prevent them from cracking)
- 6:40 Blush - MAC Pearlmatte face powder
- 7:17 Shimmer highlight - MAC Cheek and cheerful Mineralized Blush
- 7:34 Eyeshadow Base
- 7:48 Eyeshadows - MAC Royal Assets Metallic Eyes Holiday Palette, Stackable Pigment Jars with neutral colored pigments - MAC Jardin Aires Pigments and Afterglow Cosmetics Pigments
- 9:35 Eyeliners - MAC Feline Kohl for waterline and NYX Felt Tip Liner in Jet Black
- 9:53 Brows - Tarte Emphaseyes Brow Pencil in Medium Brown, Smashbox Brow Tech Trio in Brunette
- 10:12 Mascara - Urban Decay Curling Mascara Mini Size
- 10:15 Shu Uemeura Lash Curler and Preo Individual Lash Curler
- 10:23 False Lashes - Sassi eyelash glue in dark, Sonia Kashuk Glamour Lashes & Red Cherry Lashes
- 10:54 Anastasia Brow Highlight Pencil Mini Size
- 11:06 Brush Cleanser in Mini Spray Jar
- 11:09 MAC Pencil Sharpener
- 11:16 Lips - Neutral and Fun- L'Oreal Fairest Nude lipstick,Dior Addict Ultra GlossGlow in 236, NYX Lipliner in Plum, and NYX Goddess of the Night Gloss in Barbie Pink
- 12:28 Tatcha Blotting Sheets
- 12:43 Wet N Wild Matte Palette
- 12:56 NARS Manoi Bronzing Body Oil
First off...you need a good travel bag for your makeup/cosmetics. I know that I couldn't get away with a mini makeup bag so this one from Hold Me Company works great to store all of my makeup and brushes with room to spare. I reviewed this last year...you can find my review of the hold me bag here.
Here is the bag all folded up
There's a large rectangular pocket on the left and a brush holder on the right.
I love how you can just sit the bag on the counter and work straight from it. Usually i'll set the bag ligke this on the desk in the hotel room. The products are within easy reach and there's no digging around and spilling. I had extra space for more brushes and products so it was easy to just zip it up and go. You even have a pocket on the very left which holds a z palette.
A lot of the items show are my daily makeup items that I can't live without. I also have many smaller, mini items that I keep just for my travel makeup because it makes life easier - such as smaller Sigma travel brushes
I hope this helps some of you guys! Do you have any packing tips? Let me know in the comments below!
Atlanta Makeup Artist