I'm back with another post! This one is kinda fun. I saw a video tag on youtube featuring your top ten makeup mistakes. Believe me, I've made quite a few in my makeup journey. I'm going to share with you mine to either a) get a laugh out of you, lol b) or teach you how to not make the same mistakes. I had fun writing it, it definitely brought back memories, lol.
Click here for more!
These are my top 10 makeup mistakes that I've made in the past and some of them I still struggle with!
1) I used to have an aversion to blush. I thought I only needed to rock bronzer. Looking back, my face was already red in pictures - lol too much bronzer! Blush can really give you a beautiful color.
Back then I would run through my MAC bronze bronzer.
2) In middle school and into early high school I really struggled with matching my foundation. Back then, there weren't as many tan, yellow tones, especially at the drug store which was in my price range. When I went into my teens, I finally discovered Smashbox and MAC and was finally able to start heading in the right direction.
I loved my Smashbox liquid foundation back in the day - it was my first foundation that offered me a good match.
3) I didn't start learning how to put on lashes till I started my youtube page. My biggest problem was figuring out how to correctly place them on my hooded lids and without having them droop. The alcone individual lash curler makes such a difference with droopy lashes - I'm glad I found it.
Preo lash curler from www.alconeco.com - total must have!
5) When I was younger, I didn't realize that you needed to set foundation with powder. I recall way too many embarassing moments when I'd snuggle with my boo and i'd see brown stuff all over his shirt, lol. Now I set my makeup...and I keep the face leaning on my boo's shirts to a minimum, ha!
MAC Select Sheer was the first setting powder I bought.
6) I really started getting into MAC eyeshadows at the end of high school and into college. Back then, I used to hit pan way too quickly. Part of it had to do with that I wasn't using an eyeshadow base! That meant, I had to dig my brush in a lot more to get more powder and then get more color. These days, I use an eyeshadow base and need less product, and the color goes on brighter and lasts longer - it's a win win situation.
8) I still sleep with my makeup on sometimes - bad bad! This is something I still need to work on but i'm better about it now. I try to keep wipes on my bedside table if I can't wash my face.
9) Back in the day, I thought that liner should only go on the top lash line. I thought it looked "dirty" on the lower lashline. What was I thinking? It looks gorgeous on the lower lashline and waterline.
10) Back in the day, I used to only wear eyeshadow and liner - no mascara. I figured that my lashes were short and stick-straight anyways. Now I realize the importance of mascara and a lash curler - it really finishes your look. My lashes are still sucky which is why I often wear fake lashes - but mascara does help to cover up any shadow that makes my lashes dusty and you definitely can see that it adds definition to the eyes.
What are some of your makeup mistakes? I tag all of you! I'd love the know in the comments below!
Atlanta Makeup Artist