I'm back with another post! This was originally a video haul, but the video accidentally got deleted. I'm glad I took pictures to show you all. This haul is from a few weeks ago but i'm still just now using the products so I'll give a quick haul as well as some initial thoughts. All of these are drugstore hair and beauty items that are pretty affordable.
Click here for more!
I needed to stock up on my hair products. I'm really impressed with how much TRESemme has stepped up their product game in recent years. I picked up the following:
- TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray - I love the big bottle...other heat protectants I've used in the past are tiny. This is a big bottle for a good price. It smells nice, I love the spray option which also has a nifty security lock, and I feel good using it prior to applying heat to my hair.
- TRESemme FreshStart Dry Shampoo - This is my second bottle of this little wonder. I've tried more expensive ones in the past but they end up leaking and it's just a waste. This works really well especially since I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week. It's also great for giving volume.
- TRESemme FreshStart Deodorizing Mist - I actually bought this to deodorize my hair extensions. It's got a nice smell and I'll also use it in combination with the Dry Shampoo to extend my hair a few days before washing.
- John Frieda Blonde Lightening Spray - I got this after watching a Tiffany LD Video on how she uses it to camouflage her roots. I have a big problem with this since I dye my hair pretty light when it's naturally black. I've only used it a couple of times - you spray it on your roots and heat from tools or the hair dryer is supposed to activate it. I just feel like it kind of gets my hair more greasy since I don't wash it everday, but I'll try to be more diligent about trying it.
I also needed some other toiletry essentials including:
- Veet Hair Removal Cream - I've used Veet for the last decade and I love how it works over other brands like Nair. It smells gross but I just use a scented body wash after. This keeps me hair free for weeks (mind you i'm not super hairy) and it's not all stubbly growing back.
- Aveeno Clear Complexing Foaming Cleanser - I had run out of face wash and I decided to try Aveeno because it's been good to my sensitive skin in the past. I got this formula because the stress of school has me breaking out like never before. It works well, doesn't irritate my skin and keeps my face clean. I have to make sure and moisturize right after though because my sensitive skin feels a little tight after.
- Clean & Clear Acne Spot Treatment - Like I said, ever since I started school little pimples pop up like never before. I really want to get Mario Badescu Spot Treatment but I'm being cheap so I decided to try this. Luckily it's not too strong for my skin, but i'm not sure if it really works.
Sonia Kashuk Instructional Eye Shadow Palette - Eye on Neutral $19.99 - I couldn't resist a quick trip down my makeup aisle. I've been really into neutrals lately and I'm definitely a matte finish kind of girl. I never picked up the Naked Palette so when I saw this neutral palette from Sonia Kashuk it caught my eye. I've never tried her shadows in the past but I do like her brushes. It's a little expensive for drugstore, but it does come with a lot of colors. I decided to give it a go!
As you can see, they swatch matte and they've got a nice amount of pigment. I love Using the top row as highlight shades, the second row as crease transition colors, and the third row for outer v. And of course, the last row is for smokeyness. The palette is supposed to be instructional and has a pull out try with directions...I personally think it makes the palette more bulky and is a waste of space but ah well!
Sonia Kashuk Full Glam Lashes $4.99 - I started using these a little while ago because YouTuber Holly Anne Rennee loves them. I tried them before and didn't like how they were so stiff that they kind of stuck out my eye at a weird angle. However, I've learned to manipulate them and now I like the density of the lashes. They really make your eyes stand out, they're very full (I used to stack lashes for volume - not needed with these) and they are more durable. I don't usually spend this much for lashes but it's worth it. They really take a regular eyeshadow look from drab to fab. They also have two more natural styles available.
That's it for now! I actually picked up another pair of these lashes from Target yesterday for the New York Makeup Show this weekend, can't wait! Are there any other drugstore beauty items you recommend? Let me know in the comments below!
FTC Disclosure: Products purchased by me.