Today's post was requested by Water BB on twitter. I'll be featuring my Top 10 MAC Eyeshadows. I'm surprised I've never done this post before. It was pretty popular for a while on twitter. I picked my favorite shadows - the regular ones in the pan or pot. None of the mineralized trios, metal, fancy stuff - the good old pressed classics.
Click here to see more!
It was really hard to narrow it down, but here are my favorites - it's a mix of neutrals and brights. Some of them are colors I need in my kit and makeup bag on a daily basis, and the others are just too pretty not to write down. You may notice that I tend to favor warm toned shadows. I tried to stick with permanent colors but some limited edition/pro colors snuck in. All of these shadows perform remarkably well - super pigmented and easy to apply.
My Top 10 MAC Shadows I Can't Live Without:
1) Rice Paper (yellow champagne color - amazing highlight color)
2) Carbon (blackest black - smokey eyes, setting liner - it never fails)
3) Cork (the perfect light brown to fill in my eyebrows)
4) Aquadisiac (buttery aqua, will never go out of style, classic, amazing for that bright pop of color)
5) Glamour Check (sadly it's limited edition, but it's probably my favorite warm brown eyeshadow, great for the outer v)
6) All That Glitters (Didn't discover this till later in life but wow, what a beautiful neutral lid color, love it for brides)
7) Stars N Rockets (This colors is just too pretty, an irridescent pinky purply blue)
8) Atlantic Blue (One of the most pigmented, pretty blues ever - never seen a similar color - it's a pro shadow)
9) Warm Brown or Texture (I'm using both of these interchangeably because they're both warm browns that can be used as a crease transition color - a must-have for a pro shadow look)
10) Woodwinked (This is such a pretty bridal color, the gold flecked brown has been a staple in my kit for a long time)
I'm totally cheating, but I also went to the shadows on the MAC website and picked my other favorite colors. These are not top ten but I use them a lot or just love the color.
Contrast, Beautiful Iris, Shroom, Embark, Freshwater, Deep Truth, Blanc Type, Gesso, Expensive Pink, Passionate, Shadowy Lady, Mythology, Rule, Naked Lunch, Amber Lights, Bronze, Humid, Bamboo, Coppering, Swiss Chocolate, Brown Down, Espresso, Print, Contrast, Vibrant Grape, Fig 1, Scene, Typographic
Hope this was helpful or interesting to some of you all. I may extend this series into other MAC products. I'm not saying MAC is the best brand out there, but it's the first brand that I fell in love with and I got to know the products really well. Let me know if you'd like that in the comments below. Ciao Bellas!
FTC Disclosure: Post not sponsored.
Atlanta Makeup Artist