I'm back with another review and giveaway! For my channel, I like to help out my fellow makeup artists and share with them tricks I've learned along the way. I've continued my Makeup Artist Artist series with this post and video on tips for using blotting sheets in ways you might not have thought of. Make sure to read the whole post because I'm also giving away three packs of some of my favorite blotting sheets!
Click here for more!
Check out the video!
I actually already reviewed the Tatcha Blotting sheets that I used in the video here. Here is the gorgeous set of blotting sheets they sent me.
The packs are huge! 3.74in x 3.74in make them big enough to cover the entire face. These papers have no extra powder residue on them and are made from the abaca leaf - there is no pump to irritate skin. The paper is also structured with lattice lines which makes them extra strong so that they don't tear. The gold leaf infused in them are an ancient beauty trick of the Geisha.
We all know that blotting sheets are great for touching up shine throughout the day. Throw them in your purse and you're good to go. In the video, I told you some different ways to use. Here are a few of my tips:
- When applying moisturizer to yourself or a client, use a blotting sheet right after to absorb excess product. This cuts down the drying time and let's you jump right to foundation with soft, moisturized skin.
- Put a few sheets in your bride's touch-up kit. Good makeup should last but it's normal to blot the shine.
- Use for touch-up on a photo shoot. You don't have to worry about carrying around extra powder in multiple shades and dirtying up your brushes. These papers are colorless and do the job.
- Give these as a gift to a bride! Unlike a lot of regular blotting sheets, they're packaged so beautifully and the gold leaf really makes them look like a luxury product. They have a beautiful bridal kit with 4 packs tied with a special something blue ribbon. One for the bride and some for the bridesmaids :)
You can find these luxury blotting sheets at www.tatcha.com. They retail for $12 for one pack and $40 for a four pack.
Tatcha has generously agreed to sponsor three packs of their blotting sheets for my viewers to try. Here's how to win:
- I will have three winners, one for my blog, youtube, and twitter. You must follow me on whatever avenue you plan on winning. You an do it for all three!
- For my YouTube - you must be a subscriber. Leave a comment on the video telling me why you'd like to win and I'll pick the winner at random.
- For my Blog - you must be a follower. Leave a comment on this post telling me why you'd like to win and I'll pick the winner at random.
- For Twitter - you must be a follower. Look out for my Twitter giveaway announcement. I'll host a mini trivia question giveaway and the first to answer correctly wins.
I'll announce the winners Monday. Good luck!
FTC Disclosure: Product sponsored for giveaway. I am not paid to write this post and not affiliated with the company. These are my honest thoughts and opinions.