I'm back with another tutorial and this time it's for hair! I don't do too many of these because I don't feel like i'm an expert on hair by any means, but if I can do it, you can too! I love using hot curlers because you just put them in, and by the time you're done with your makeup, you take out the curlers and you're good to go!
Check out the video!
I received the Babyliss Nano Titanium System $99 from www.Folica.com to test out.
Here's everything you get in the set.
Here are the haircare products I used - hair spray, mousse, and heat protectant. I can also see you using some kind of gel, smoothing cream or serum at the end to smooth out the curls.
- Plug in curlers and let it heat up while you prep hair - two settings, one for low and high (I use high for my thick, straight hair)
- Start with clean hair
- Spray on heat protectant
- Apply mousse if you find your hair hard to curl (Optional)
- Comb through hair and let it airdry a bit
- Apply curlers by rolling small to medium sections of hair around the barrel and securing it with clip. I start at the top using medium/large sizes and then do smaller curlers on the bottom section
- Let curlers sit until cool (about 30 minutes). You can do your makeup in the meantime.
- Remove curlers and place them back in their case and the clips in the drawstring bag provided. If you remove the clip, the curlers simply roll out.
- Run your fingers through your hair to loosen curl. Flip head over and shake out hair.
- Apply hairspray for extra hold.
The final look! I couldn't get the best pictures since I was actually using my camcorder, lol.
Here's another shot of when I used the hot rollers. I like the way it came out better here.
And another one...this was last minute and really quick to do.
Here are my thoughts on the Babyliss Nano Titanium Hot Curler System:
- Curler Clips are easy to use and secure hair well - better than some other systems
- Curler system conveniently props up vertically so you take up less counterspace and can access the curlers easily...in the video I didn't realize there was an extendable arm to hold it up when I mentioned it was wobbly
- Heats up quick
- Final result looks great
- A lot of curlers of different sizes offered, enough to do an entire head of hair for someone with a lot of hair
- Not enough hair clips provided for the amount of curlers
- The curlers can get really hot and are hot to the touch...there is no heat protected edge on them so be careful. This isn't my first time with hot tools and even I found them a little hot to work with.
- The system is pretty big and can take a lot of room.
- On the pricey side
Would I Recommend? All in all, I am really liking this curler set. It's definitely the nicest one I have. It's easy to use and gives me the end product that I like. I definitely recommend it if you're looking into getting quick and easy curls.
Have you guys tried these curlers or hot rollers in general? Any tips or tricks? Let me know in the comments below!
FTC Disclosure: Product sponsored for review. I am not affiliated with this company and not paid to make this review. These are my honest thoughts and opinions.
Atlanta Makeup Artist