I'm back with another look for you all. I decide to use my much loved Wet and Wild Vanity Palette. I've been incorporating this palette into my makeup routine for the last several weeks because I really like it. It's got really great neutral shades and the mattes are pretty awesome. You might have seen some other YouTube or Blogs talking about it and the hype is true! For under $5 you get 6 amazing matte and shimmer shades.
Picture credit to nouveaucheap.blogspot.com
I wanted to try something a little different than what I've been seeing. Most people take the lighter colors and then darker their outer v with the shades in the palette. I wanted to do a smokey eye with a bit of shimmer. I tried to record this for a tutorial but Doh! I forgot to hit record again, lol. Instead, here's a break down on how to do it:
1) Prime Eye
2) Apply dark brown matte shade all over lid up to the crease.
3) Blend out the edges with the medium brown matte shade.
4) Use the vanilla shade as your highlight.
5) Take a flat brush and dip it into the shimmery gold and champagne shades. Tap it on top of the dark brown color on your lid to give it a glitter effect.
6) Line lashline and waterline with black.
7) Apply dark brown matte shade to lower lashline and smoke it out.
8) Pop on some lashes.
9) Finish off the look with neutral cheeks and lips and you're done!
I wore this out to dinner/date night with the BF. The colors blend together so easily and are super pigmented especially for such an inexpensive brand. The look was simple yet it still made me feel ultra glamorous.
The final look!
This palette has become a staple in my everyday makeup routine and is great for travel. I highly recommend! You can find it at your local drugstore.
Till next time, Ciao bellas!
FTC Disclosure: Products bought by me.