I’ve got another video for you! I’m on a roll, woo hoo! LOL…I’ve made it a priority to try and update my youtube videos and blogs during the week because the last few months I kept falling off.
I made this video because a lot of viewers always ask me how to achieve that dewy, glowing skin look. Viewers often comment about my skin and honestly I think it’s the camera that makes it look so good, lol. It’s also from years of the dermatologist back in middle school! I’ve held off posting my facial regimen because I keep trying new products. One item that has remained a constant however, is my Camellia Rose Green Tea Shea Soap Bar. It’s lasted me forever! One little bar of soap with the answers to all my skin woes. But then again, that’s another video.
I wanted to show you how to get glowing summer skin using face products you already have. A lot of us are reluctant to use the same liquid foundation we rocked during the winter because it’s so hot and muggy outside. This usually means makeup meltdown. A lot of us are also running to get tinted moisturizers for the summer. In this video I wanted to show you how to make your own tinted moisturizer.
If you don’t want to rock this look during the day because of the heat, it’s just as great for going out at night. I used all MAC products to achieve this look but you can use whatever you have.
Products Used-All MAC
-mineralized satinfinish foundation NC42 (or your normal liquid foundation)
-msf natural med dark (any setting/pressed powder you use to set your makeup)
-select moisture concealer NW37 (any concealer)
-sunbasque blush (your blush of choice-pick something with a peachy/pink sheen to give that summer flush look)
-msf light flush (any shimmer brick or powder)
-fix plus (you can also use evian spray, aquolina spray, or even plain old water in a spray bottle)
-strobe cream (any liquid luminzer/highlighter like revlon skin lights)
-187 brush (duo stippling brush—from coastal scents, sephora, nyx, etc.)
Here are the steps:
1) Apply concealer to clean face as you normally would.
2) Put a small dollop of foundation on the back of your hand.
3) Put an equal dollop of your strobe cream next to the foundation on your hand
4) Spray fix plus onto your 187 brush to wet the bristles.
5) Mix the foundation and strobe cream on the back of your hand using the wet bristles to get an even mixture. You’ll notice the foundation will become lighter and more shimmery.
6) Apply the foundation using 187 brush in stippling motions as usual.
7) Set foundation with your powder minimally on parts of the face where you don’t want too much shine—I put a little on my forehead, nose, and cheeks.
8) Apply sunbasque blush on apples of cheek up to temples.
9) Apply msf in light flush on and a little above blush, as well as on nose, forehead, and chin.
10) If you want, give a spray or two of fix plus to set makeup.
11) You’re done! Instant glowing skin—it takes less than 5 minutes!
I didn’t take pics of my skin after my video but I used the same method and products on my birthday look here.
Check out the video for the tutorial!