I was so excited, I recently had the opportunity to review some products from the Canadian based company Face Atelier. This is one of the makeup lines that has been hitting the IMATS and Makeup Shows and people have been buzzing about it.
I first heard about this foundation from the KJ Bennett (lead artist for Makeup Forever) website www.inmykit.com where as a celebrity makeup artist, he gives a breakdown of his favorite products in every category. I refer to this site many times because I really trust his opinion as an amazing makeup artist. He also praises both drug store as well as high end department store brands. He praised their foundation as well as their lip glaze.
Check out my video review!
I want to try so many products from Face Atelier but I got a little sampling of their line to test out.
This product is a liquid foundation that contains silicone. It is highly pigmented and can be worn sheered out with a moisturizer for light coverage, or built to almost full coverage. Since it contains silicone, it has an airbrushed finish that doesn't require primer or powder to set. The silicone fills in the lines and pores to give a flawless finish. I love how they offer these in full size bottles at $45 as well as the pro bottles at $32. If you're a makeup artist, they sell the pro size version in sets that fit perfectly in your kit since they are smaller and have plastic packaging. I used to not like using liquid foundations in my kit because they are too bulky and cumbersome, but Face Atelier has solved this problem by their Makeup Artist geared pro sizes.
- airbrushed finish
- built in silicone covers imperfections, lines and pores
- no need to set foundation
- buildable coverage
- great color match
- high pigment/high quality foundation
- convenient pro sizes for makeup artists
- love the pump applicator - more sanitary
- zero plus and zero minus foundation adjustors - great idea!
- color range is limited and doesn't go into darker shades (but the website states they are coming up with the Women of Color Ultimate Foundation range in 2010!)
- not a huge amount of product in the bottle
I was also lucky enough to test out their amazing lip glazes at $20. KJ Bennett mentioned these and said that the #7 shade looks good on everyone!
- a ton of product
- slanted tip applicator is great for makeup artists - let's you dispense product on a palette and it's more sanitary
- not sticky - smooth texture
- buildable - can be sheered out or has more color when layered
- shades are versatile for a variety of skin tones
- easy to apply
- not a lot of shades available
- doesn't have brush applicator
In sum, I think this makeup line is really slept on. They have amazing products that are really great for your own personal collection. I also love how they cater towards makeup artist by providing products in smaller size versions and palettes. The products are a little pricey but honestly it's worth it. You can check these products out at http://www.faceatelier.com
P.S. if you're a makeup artist, you can apply for the Face Atlier pro discount to get 40% off. It's actually a really simple proces. Go get it!
FTC Disclosure: These products were sent to me at no charge by the company. I am not affiliated with the company. No monetary compensation was received for this video review. This is an honest,unbiased review.
Atlanta Makeup Artist