I'm back with a really exciting post. This weekend I attended an amazing event. The Makeup Forever Pro Road Show made their stop in Atlanta to give Makeup Artists and Backstage Pro Pass Members a chance to buy MUFE items at a great discount and also to network and take complimentary makeup classes. I attended one by the amazing AJ Crimson called Beauty for Global Competition and I'll teach you what i learned.
The event was hosted in a ballroom of the W Midtown Hotel in Atlanta. There was one large room - in the front there is a stage and a chair for the class and behind it they have different stations for you to look/swatch makeup and make your discounted orders.
Before the class I did a little shopping - picked up a bunch of MUFE brushes since I've never tried them before.
Take a look at the set-up they gave for AJ Crimson to choose from for his demonstration.
I also ran into some of my friends - Leslie and Sheena pictured here. I also met a bunch of YouTube subbies, it was a great time!
Now let's get to the class!
AJ Crimson - Beauty for the Global Complexion
- To combat a strong jaw, lighten it as opposed to emphasizing it with contour
- Cream vs Powder to Contour? Cream can be manipulated more, powder you need to commit
- Match foundation to the center of the face and the chest as opposed to the jaw
- For mature skin, build in thin layers, think of "staining the skin"
- For discolored skin, you can block it out with a layer of neutralizing foundation, and then apply a foundation tone over it
- Mix aqua seal with foundation to make it waterproof - cover tattoos and hands
- For darker tones if you don't have to contour, reverse contour with a lighter powder under the jawbone
MUFE Products On the Model
- Extreme Cleanser - oil based, to moisturize
- Used full cover concealer in #14 and #12 as a foundation/concealer
- Flash palette - red, yellow, brown, pink for lips, contouring
- Clear lip gloss - used on lips and eyelids
- Zero translucent powder - to set everything and highlight
Check out the model's before and after!
Fierce cheekbone contour!
Here's a shot of AJ, the model and myself. By now I've spent time with AJ at quite a few events from assisting, to the Makeup Shows and classes. He even gave me a shout-out during his class! I am proud to not only call him a Makeup Inspiration but a friend.
FTC Disclosure: Post not sponsored.
Atlanta Makeup Artist