Finally another video in my fitness/healthy lifestyle series. Today i'm sharing my healthy protein shake recipe. It's great for a meal replacement or post workout shake. It's super yummy and makes me feel great, stay on track with healthy eating, and get to my fitness goals. I show multiple options from basic to more of a meal replacement option. Check it out!
I get most of these items from the grocery store and some of the dry goods from Amazon.
Basic Protein Smoothie (This is what i'll do on a daily basis if i'm on the run)
- Water of Almond Milk - Silk Vanilla Unsweetened 30 Calories (I mix half a cup with water)
- 1/2 or Whole Peeled Frozen Banana ( I Use half and add 3 ice cubes)
- Handful of Baby Kale or Spinach
- 1 scoop of Protein Powder - I use Garden of Life Raw Fit Protein Powder in the Chocolate Flavor or Fit Miss Delight Women's Complete Protein Shake in Vanilla Chai
Optional (I'll add these extra items if I know I want to make this a meal replacement shake or if I feel like I want a little extra)
- Teaspoon of Cacao Nibs
- Teaspoon of Chia Seeds
- Teaspoon of PB2 Peanut Butter Powder (i've also found it at your local grocery store)
- 1/2 a packet of Oatmeal (if you're doing a meal replacement shake)
Enjoy! I plan on doing a workout video next. If you have any fitness/diet requests let me know!