I'm super excited to try out this new product that everyone has been talking about - Iman's BB Creme! Just take a look at the promo image below...I love the variety of ethnicities. I'm going to show you swatches, a B&A on myself and also host a giveaway! Check it out!
Here's a shot of the new Iman BB Cream. As usual, the packaging is nice and luxurious with the goal detailing. This BB Cream is paraben free (yay!) and contains SPF 15 (a little low compared to some of the traditional BB Creams but something is better than nothing).
This is what the product claims:
· EVENS with Skin Tone Evener Complex enriched with Acai, Licorice, Grape Seed
· PROTECTS with SPF 15 & antioxidants.
· HYDRATES with Kokum, Almond, Aloe and Vitamins A, E and C
· COMPLIMENTS your skin tone with a hint of color in 5 perfect-match shades
I love products with squeezy tube containers, it's more sanitary that way. The tube contains the standard 1 oz of product. The formula looks like it would be thick, but it blends out quickly.
Here's a swatch of the product. I picked shade Sand Medium - it's a tiny bit dark for my skintone right now (approximately NC40) but it'd be perfect for my summer complexion. The top swatch shows how it looks without blending it in. Below it, you can see that it blends out to be very sheer.
As you can see, you can have more sheer coverage to medium coverage. When applied with my fingers, I get a very natural look that I think would be perfect for school or work. I find that I prefer applying this with a flat top synthetic foundation brush to get the smoothest coverage.
In sum, I do think this is a nice product. It makes you look like you have a great, glowing skin - almost a no makeup, makeup look. It doesn't cake even without the layers and also sets itself without the need for powder. I will say though, if you have blemishes and texture issues, you may want to pair this with concealer or go for a more high coverage product from the line. I find that this performs more like a tinted moisturizer. If you love the glowy, born with it natural skin look give it a shot. I love that all women of color can rock this brand including us Filipino girls :)
- If you need help finding your shade, go to IMAN's Shade Finder. That's how I picked mine.
- You can find more information about this product at www.imancosmetics.com/bbcreme
- IMAN Cosmetics is actually hosting several in-store events to celebrate the release. You can RSVP on IMAN’s Facebook Event list.
Guess what, I'm hosting a Giveaway! I'll give you guys a chance to try out the IMAN BB Creme. You'll get a package containing samples in Clay Medium and Earth Medium, as well as the IMAN Cosmetics Luxury Lip Shimmer: Crystal, and Luxury Lip Pencil: Tan. Total Package Value $20.00). Here's how to win:
- Make sure to follow my blog
- Leave me a comment answering this question "What do you look for in a BB Creme?
FTC Disclosure: Products sponsored by Iman Cosmetics for review. I am not affiliated with this company and not paid to make this review. These are my honest thoughts and opinions.